You would have seen that we have a whole new page where the search results appear just to provide our users with a lot more flexibility. You may have noticed that when the Search Results page loads, everything on the sidebar including the search box disappears and instead you then see a search box inside the top of the page. You can also create a search box like this by connecting two pages. Just follow this easy tutorial.
Note: Before you start, you must create a custom search engine. Read the detailed tutorial published on it:
Choosing the style
We suppose that you have read Part1 of this tutorial mentioned above and you are ready to connect two pages to use the search engine you just created.
- Go To http://www.google.com/cse/manage/all
- Choose the search engine that you would like to edit.
- From the left menu choose “Look and Feel“
- For layout choose “Two Page“
- Now click Save & Get Code
- Now don’t close that tab and open a new tab and follow these instructions,
- Go to Blogger.
- Click Pages from the list menu.
- Create a new page and give it the title “SEARCH RESULTS“
- Leave it blank and click Publish.
- Now visit this page and copy its URL.
7. Go back to the first tab where you have the search box code.
8. Now click on the button which says Search Results Details and paste in the first box the URL of the SEARCH RESULTS page. See the screenshot below for our page:
In the second box where you are told to specify the query parameter embedded in the URL of search results, you can use the default one i.e, “q” or you can replace it with any other name or your blog’s short name.
9. After filling both the boxes, click “Save”
11. Now click on “Next: Get code for search results”. Copy the code from the box that appears and got to your SEARCH RESULTS page inside blogger and pastes this code inside the HTML editor section as shown below:
12. Simply hit the Update button and you are all done!
Now go to your blogs and play with that million dollars worth search engine on the right of your blog to see how search results appear 🙂
Hide the Search Box and Social Networking Buttons